Regent was approached by the Kishwaukee Health System to validate an investment in a DeNovo ASC and develop a center based on the needs of the community.
Regent was chosen for its proven track record of physician/hospital partnerships and their ability to develop and operate clinically efficient and profitable centers.
- Obtain CON from the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board.
- Expedite licensure and accreditation following CON approval.
- Coordinate decision-making for this partnership in a small, rural community between the dominate hospital in the community and a key specialty group.
- Oversee the construction process.
- Review proposed floor plans to find ways to increase efficiency.
- Introduce new technology.
- Work with selected vendors to acquire both new and refurbished equipment appropriate for case mix and overall volumes.
- Facilitate RFPs with lending institutions for a construction loan, tenant improvements, equipment, and working capital.
- Implement clinical protocols, including Policies and Procedures for both ORs and the Business Office.
- Hire and train professional staff.
- Serve as interim administrator until appropriate candidate was hired.
- Communicate with various licensure bodies to ensure timely inspection and accreditation.
- Regent completed the 7,800 sq ft. building with 2 ORs on time and under budget.
- In 2009 the facility performed 1,095 surgeries. The partnership was repositioned in 2010 and will perform 2,248 cases with the addition of ophthalmology.
- The facility was recently recognized by CTQ Solutions as one of the nation’s top 100 surgery centers on the basis of quality, patient satisfaction, and overall financial performance.