The Director, HR Operations will configure and lead the ‘back office’ for HR ensuring processes and practices that create an extraordinary stakeholder experience and fully comply with state and federal employment regulations.
- Optimize and ensure that the human capital management platform and all associated systems and tools are being leveraged appropriately to drive efficiency and employee and manager self-service (ESS/MSS).
- Experience with creating and maintaining business processes within HCM system including condition rules, step delays, and completion steps.
- Experience with creating and maintaining integrations including custom, cloud connect and API’s.
- Experience with creating and maintaining custom dashboards for HR team members, organizational leaders, field leaders and average employees.
- Experience in leading through implementations, stabilization, and maintaining HR systems.
- Develop internal operating procedures and controls for the processing and distribution of payroll and HCM management.
- Manage a service center charged with maintaining the employment life cycle of an employee.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state payroll tax regulations, respond, and resolve all payroll tax issues and ensures adequate tax registration and correct tax rates are paid.
- Oversee quarterly reconciliation and calendar year-end processing of payroll, including supplemental payrolls, W-2 and other tax forms, and other government-required documentation.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement that initiates, recommend and lead projects throughout the year to align payroll & HCM strategies with overall business objectives working cross-functionally with supervisors, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate actively with Accounting, Finance, Operations, HR, and other departments to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Manage data in accordance with the company’s record retention policies and procedures and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Lead the day-to-day administrative operations of the HR function including HRIS, Payroll, Benefits administration, Reporting, Time and Attendance, PTO, leave management and compliance.
- Manage the workforce data within a ‘single source of truth’ and provides standard reports for the purpose of critical analysis and continuing improvement.
- Responsible for the relationship with our Vendor partner and monitoring service levels.
- Drive the adoption of the technology platform and workflows and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Manage contracted services purchased or provided by consultants and contractors to support HR Operations by ensuring performance delivery meets or exceed contractual agreements.
- Support the initial platform deployment and future service enhancements by capturing business requirements and leading service and technology testing and quality assurance efforts.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for employee data integrity and data confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years (5) of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
ABOUT REGENT SURGICAL HEALTH
Since 2001, Regent Surgical Health has been a leader in developing and managing successful surgery center partnerships between hospitals and physicians. We continually improve and evolve the ASC model based on changing market conditions to stay ahead of emerging trends. From this vantage point, our team has developed proprietary ASC ownership models that give both physicians and hospitals what they need to ensure long-term clinical and financial success.
Regent offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package as one way to recognize our employee’s contribution to the success of the organization and our role in helping you and your family to be healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance.
Pursuant to the ADA, Regent will provide reasonable accommodation(s) to all qualified employees with known disabilities, where their disability affects the performance of their essential job functions, except where doing so would be unduly disruptive or would result in undue hardship.
We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set forth in federal or state regulations.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
JOIN OUR TEAM OF MISSION-DRIVEN HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS!
"*" indicates required fields